Established in 2005 the Classified Employee Scholarships of $500 are awarded to four applicants to attend classes at Metropolitan Community College.
The Independence School District Board of Education established these scholarships to honor the current Classified Employee of the Year. The scholarships will annually reflect the name of the current Classified Employee of the Year.
Criteria / Requirements:
• Complete application for drawing
• Must be a high school graduate or have GED
• Must be currently employed by the School District in a full or part-time classified position, have less than an associate’s degree and be employed by the District when the scholarship is used
• Funds may be used for tuition and books at any Metropolitan Community College campus
• Scholarships are NOT transferable and must be used by the employee
• Scholarship must be used within one year of the award date
• Applicants not selected for this scholarship will automatically be placed in the drawing for the Metropolitan Community College Classified Scholarship drawing in the Spring
Recipients determined by a drawing under the direction of the Board of Education and the Coordinator of Development of the ISD Foundation. Approval of recipient is made by the Board of Directors of the School District of Independence Foundation, Inc.